While this forum is usually used for talking about innovative approaches of ZMOTly, we will share in this post about one of the exciting things we do at Futureshift in area of social impact.
At Futureshift, we work on creating impact at the intersection of technology and strategy.
This translates into frameworks, innovative products and solutions that solve real issues in business and social sector. The outcome is about creating sustainable and lasting impact.
In business scenarios, ZMOTly provides the frameworks for success and Futrlabs provide solutions and products required to achieve the delivered outcome.In the social sector space, a segment that we are passionate about, we have a pillar called Better Bhavishya (better future). We leverage the skills in consulting and global experiences to be a change maker, in our own little way.
At #BetterBhavishya, we work in the social sector space leading with ZMOTly impact framework and/ or with products from Futrlabs that can help them achieve their goals faster. They are either continuous long-term partnerships or one-time engagements.
Better Bhavishya’ s works on these four areas – education, healthcare, environment and human rights.
- As technology partners with an International Human Rights NGO, we helped them on some of their very key projects.
- With an Indian healthcare authority worked on a prototype and delivery mechanism for vaccination alerts that would help them prevent one million deaths and over 950,000 preventable disability each year.
- Together with the NGO and a government ministry, worked on prevention of bullying in schools.
- Together with the human rights organization, worked on jail reforms that would to reduce the number of undertrials held illegally in prisons.
- Engaged with a NGO, funded by one of India’s reputed philanthropic foundation, for improving the literacy and numerous is amongst children with low income parents.
- With another very large philanthropic foundation, we developed a project impact assessment framework as well as helped in some other philanthropic initiatives.
- For a not-for-profit working on building a community for parents of autistic children, worked on developing a strategy and reach.
- At a NGO in Hyderabad, worked on developing content and delivery framework and roll-out for long-term education for underprivileged children in the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana region.
- In a village in Tamilnadu, have taken an initiative to convert 500,000 sft of barren land, with an agroforest with over 15,000 trees.
Our founder’s prior experience in driving the Unlimited Potential initiative for Microsoft Asia Pacific plays an important role in recommendations for our clients. The Unlimited Potential initiative was the outcome of Bill Gates vision to enable sustained social and economic opportunity for the next 5 billion people. The strategy was to reach incremental 1 billion people by 2015 by expanding deeper down the economic pyramid in a sustainable fashion by building non-traditional partnerships, breakthrough technologies and business models. The focus was on education, fostering innovation and creating jobs and opportunities through relevance, access and affordability. Bring one of the first employees in Asia-Pacific, driving that initiative has helped significantly in structure and systematising our approach better bhavishya projects at Futureshift.
Currently, we are working on a big idea that can transform hundreds of millions of rural lives by increasing local entrepreneurship opportunities and agriculture productivity. The core philosophy is to create local micro-innovations and income that would bubble up to have access to better education and healthcare opportunities.
This would more almost double the farm output and will dramatically transformed the lives rural India, where 70% of the India populations reside. We expect this to be a $1 billion+ social entrepreneurship business by 2022, creating an ecosystem with 10x more economic activity.